Monday, June 9, 2014

Eating our Cs

Last Thursday was our first C day. We enjoyed cheese and crackers for snack time (these are definite staples in our house, since the youngest prefers to live on cheese, carbs, and sweets). For dinner, we had corn on the cob, which everyone in our family loves. It's still too early in the season for local corn, but what we found (on sale, even!) was very good.

My sister's family and our mom came to visit on Friday, and they brought along plenty of junk that began with C. Along with the sandwiches I made the kids for lunch, they gladly partook in chips, chocolate milk and chocolate chip cookies. My niece babysit while the adults went out to dinner, and my sister (whose name starts with C!) chose Cosi Cucina, without even knowing about our ABC summer plans.

Today I decided that since we made two new recipes during our B days, that I would forgo a new recipe with Cs. I had initially thought it would be fun to try making crepes, but I got too lazy. ;) We did try a food that was new to all of us. I bought some Cacao Nibs (tiny pieces of cacao beans). I explained to the kiddos that chocolate is made from cacao beans, and we all eagerly tried a piece. We now understand why sugar, butter, and other yummy ingredients are necessary in chocolate. Hopefully I can figure out how to use the rest of the nibs. Maybe they'll work in a trail mix?

After 4 hours with a (very sweet) home inspector who arrived unannounced... no thanks to our wonderful real estate agent (and a half-hour with the buyers of our home)... I was a little stressed. Casey's pizza came to the rescue tonight. It is a family favorite. Since there are no Casey's stores in the Portland area, this dinner made three very content children and a happier mom.

*For those new to my blog, check out the beginnings of ABC Summers here.*

No comments:

Post a Comment