Friday, June 13, 2014

Eating our Ds

Our first D day happened to be my birthday, so we celebrated with yummy donuts from Topped Doughnuts, my favorite local donut shop.

On Wednesday, we tried dumplings (of the PF Chang's frozen variety). I have personally had hand made dumplings in China Town in NYC, but the kiddos have not experienced that. None of them were huge fans. I think they'd appreciate the "real" thing more, but I did not have time to attempt making them from scratch.

I did try a recipe that began with D, but only for myself. It was a Dilly Beef Sandwich, which included horseradish, dried beef, dill pickles, and tomatoes. I knew none of my children would love those flavors together, so I didn't ask them try it. It was an okay combo, but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to make one again.

Yesterday, we snacked on dried fruits... banana chips, dried apricots (per my daughter's request - and then she didn't like them), raisins, and craisins. On to Es today!

*For those new to my blog, check out the beginnings of ABC Summers here.*

No comments:

Post a Comment