Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Eating our Hs

I found a funny recipe to try for letter H. My daughter had been asking me how to make her hair grow faster earlier last week. She has had it cut in a cute little bob for the last few months, but recently decided she wants to grow it back out (which is perfect timing since we won't know any stylists right away in WA). Anyway, as I was scanning recipes that started with H, I came across one called "Hair Growing Soup." Strangely enough, it wasn't soup at all. It was some weird Asian concoction of white rice, black sesame seeds, and sugar. Sound gross? Frankly, it was gross. I appeased the children by serving mini Hershey's bars for dessert.

They weren't much happier the next day when I had them sample ham salad. This was a regular sandwich topper in my childhood home, and I hadn't had it in years. It was great! The kids disagreed whole-heartedly, however...

I kept it simple yesterday and just let them have their favorite Honey Crisp apples for snack time.

This will be our final week of attempting new recipes until we are in our new home halfway across the country. Next week, the movers will be here packing everything up. Soon after that, my children will be spending several days with my in-laws. And then we'll be on the road for the long trip to WA. I'll keep posting; we just won't be quite as detailed in our eatings. ;)

*For those new to my blog, check out the beginnings of ABC Summers here.*

No comments:

Post a Comment