Thursday, July 31, 2014

Eating LMNOs (in theory)

Yes, we went two and a half solid weeks without following our ABC summer plan. For those of you who know me well, that's proof that I was frazzled and out of sorts.

As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, the kiddos were hanging at the farm (my in-laws') on all of the L days, and I do not know whether or not they ate anything that started with L. Our long road trip included two M days, and I can testify that many, many mouthfuls of munchies were eaten (including some M&Ms). That's about it, though. Oh, my mother-in-law did treat the older two to McDonald's the night that we got into Cody late (the youngest and I just skipped dinner and went to bed). As for Ns and Os... I know we had lots of olives on plate tacos earlier this week, but I can't think of anything else. Pathetic.

So, here's what I would have done had life been "normal" since our last K day.

Foods I'd have cooked/served/tried:

L -                                  M -                       N -                       O -
  Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins     Mousse                    Homemade Noodles                  Onion Rings
                                                     (love all of these, but never made at home)    
  Laffy Taffy (always a hit)          Milkshakes in the Vitamix     Neapolitan ice cream   Orange Julius
  Life Cereal (we've never had)     Macadamia nuts                   Nutella                           Orzo
                                                                                  (these are all new to the kids)
  Lunch Meat (tried and true)      Mac & Cheese                        Nectarines                    Olives 

Oh well... I can always add these to our list for next year's big blowout of #3's ABC summer. And we did officially get back into the swing of things with the letter P today. I will post on that this weekend! :)

*For those new to my blog, check out the beginnings of ABC Summers here.*

No comments:

Post a Comment