Thursday, August 14, 2014

Eating our Ss

I believe S is the letter that has been the easiest for us. We probably could have found enough S foods to eat solely S foods for three days straight.

We started off a day early on Sunday, which happened to be National S'mores Day. Who can resist that? We fired up our backyard fire pit for the first time and roasted some yummy marshmallows for our s'mores. Mmm-mmm, good.

Monday brought us smoothies, steaks, sweet corn, and spinach salads (okay, B did not eat a salad...).

On Tuesday, I made Simple Scones from allrecipes.com. I swapped out the raisins in the recipe for dark chocolate chips... just because I felt like it! They were buttery goodness and all of the children (trying scones for the first time) agreed that "British cookies" are great. We had spaghetti for dinner that night and in a mind-blowing turn of events, B asked for a second bowl. Oh happy day!

Last night my husband and I actually got to eat out (on his company's dime - we took out a couple from Des Moines as part of an interview process). It was the first meal I've had away from my children in almost a month, and it was in the swanky Portland City Grill, so I was in heaven. Here at the house, we had a new babysitter (whose name is Sierra - perfect for an S day!), and she served the kiddos sandwiches, strawberries, and veggie straws. A great night was had by all!

*For those new to my blog, check out the beginnings of ABC Summers here.*

No comments:

Post a Comment