Sunday, May 10, 2015

ABC Summer 2015...

It's getting so close! Granted, it would be much closer if we were still in IA, and it would be one day closer if our teachers weren't holding a walkout on Wednesday (only to be made up at the end of the school year)... Nevertheless, I am deep in the planning process of our big summer.

I was bothered by the fact that we'll be gone for three weeks straight, thus missing out on entire letter opportunities here in the great northwest. So, I decided to really mix things up this year. No, that does not mean I'll be doing letters out of order. If you have read my post The Joys of Being Anal, you are well aware that I like things in order. The alphabet, therefore, must remain in alphabetical order. Go figure.

But, there are so many things to do around here for nearly every letter, that I didn't want to miss out on celebrating any letters right here. Here's my grand idea... We are going to go through the entire alphabet not once, not twice, but THREE times this summer! Woo-hoo!

To make it all come out right on the calendar, we are going to double up on the letters that begin our first names. The first time through the alphabet there will be two days of B, E, L, N, and R. The second and third times through we'll just double up on the kids' initials (B,E, & L). We will also be pairing Q with R and X, Y, and Z together those subsequent times. My children were excited to hear that it will be different this summer. Should keep things interesting!

Beginning later this week, I will be posting my ideas for each letter. I'll also be sure to share the links to my other posts on those letters. Can't wait to get started!

First time on my blog? Check out my original post here. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment