Monday, May 25, 2015

All Things C

Certain that no other moms I know are sitting on their rears watching "American Ninja Warrior," I decided I'd better at least blog another letter while I watch and listen to crazy commentator Matt Iseman try to make his voice even deeper and impressive...

C Places/Activities in the Pac NW:
* Camille Park (Beaverton)
* camping in any of the hundreds of options around here (this is something my husband and children enjoy... not so much my idea of fun)
* canoeing (we did purchase a canoe last year, but the last time I went was long before children entered my life... I will attempt to pull on my big-girl panties this summer and go once)
* Cannon Beach, OR (still my favorite of those I've seen so far)
* Cape Disappointment (southwest WA where the Columbia River empties into the Pacific Ocean)
* Cape Horn (our family just spent our Memorial Day morning climbing the first leg of this - beautiful view of the Gorge!)
* Cascade Lakes Highway (90 mile scenic route from here to the Bend, OR, area)
* Catherine Creek (near Hood River; best in June)
* Cedar Flats (great for younger children; just east of Mt. Saint Helens)
* Central Library in downtown Portland
* Children's Museum (Portland)
* Children's Playground at Washington Park
* Chuckanut Drive (near Seattle)
* Columbia Hills State Park (north of The Dalles on the WA side)
* Columbia Park (Portland)
* Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area
* cookouts (we enjoy them in our backyard, but they're great in parks, too!)
* Cooper Mountain Nature Park (SW Beaverton, OR)
* Council Crest Park (SW Portland)
* Cove Palisades State Park (Madras, OR)
* Crater Lake National Park, OR
* Crown Park (Camas)
* Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden, Portland
* C restaurants in the Portland area

More C things we'll be doing:
* Cheer up someone who needs a boost (derived from Bucket Filling from A to Z)
* Crayon art (if we get this accomplished as planned, I'll post photos)

The original C is for... list includes places to go, things to do, foods to eat, Bible verses, and photos from my oldest's photography summer. Photos of my daughter's ABC photography can be found here.

As always, please feel free to share my blog and be sure to read the beginning of my ABC summer story here. Don't worry, D will be here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment